Pesto sauce is a delicious and versatile sauce that can be used in a variety of dishes. It’s perfect for pasta, chicken, fish, or even just as a dipping sauce. While it’s easy to buy pre-made pesto at the store, it’s even better when made fresh at home. Here’s how to make the perfect pesto sauce.
- 2 cups of fresh basil leaves, washed and dried
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts (or walnuts)
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese (or vegan substitute)
- Salt and pepper to taste.
1. Put the basil leaves, garlic, and pine nuts in the food processor. Pulse until they become a paste.
2. Slowly pour in the olive oil while the food processor is running. Continue pulsing until it becomes an emulsified sauce.
3. Add Parmesan cheese and season with salt and pepper to taste. Pulse to combine.
4. Transfer the pesto sauce to a jar or airtight container and store in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
Tips & Variations:
- For a vegan pesto, omit the Parmesan cheese and replace it with nutritional yeast or a vegan cheese substitute.
- Add lemon juice for extra zing.
- Use different types of nuts like almonds, walnuts, cashews, etc., instead of pine nuts.
- Substitute parsley for basil for a different flavor profile.
- To keep it creamy, add 1/4 cup heavy cream before blending it into a paste.
How To Make Pesto Sauce With Spinach
Making pesto sauce is a very easy process, and it can be made with many different types of herbs. In this recipe, we will be using spinach as the main herb.
- 1/2 cup fresh spinach
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
1. Add the spinach, pine nuts, Parmesan cheese, garlic, salt, and pepper to a food processor, and pulse until smooth.
2. With the motor running, slowly add the olive oil until the pesto is fully combined.
3. If you’re not going to use the pesto right away, store it in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week.
And there you have it how to make pesto sauce with spinach! Enjoy your delicious creation, and feel free to experiment with different herbs and ingredients. Have fun!
Can You Use Pesto Straight From The Jar?
Yes, you can use pesto straight from the jar – it’s a great way to add flavor to dishes without having to do too much work. Just be sure to taste it first and adjust seasoning as necessary, since pesto can be quite salty. Enjoy!
Making pesto sauce is a great way to add flavor to any dish. In this article, we’ve shown you how to make pesto sauce with ingredients that are easy to find. We’ve also shared some tips on how to customize your pesto sauce for your own taste preferences. So what are you waiting for? Start making delicious pesto sauce today!
You may also like the following:
How To Make Ricotta: With Only 3 Ingredients!