A delicious cheese sauce can make any dish better, and that includes French fries! Whether you’re looking to take your fries up a notch or you want a dipping sauce for your next party, this easy cheese sauce recipe will be a hit. Best of all, it can be made in just a few minutes with ingredients that you likely already have on hand.
Here’s What You’ll Need To Make Cheese Sauce For Fries:
-1/2 cup milk
-1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter
-1/4 cup all-purpose flour
-1/2 teaspoon salt
-1/4 teaspoon paprika
-1/4 teaspoon mustard powder
-Dash of cayenne pepper (optional)
-1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
1. In a medium saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter. Whisk in the flour and salt and continue whisking for about 1 minute until the mixture is smooth and bubbly.
2. Add the milk, whisking constantly, and bring the mixture to a boil. Allow it to thicken for about 1 minute, then remove it from the heat.
3. Add the shredded cheese and whisk until smooth. Add the paprika, mustard powder, and cayenne pepper (if using) and whisk to combine. Taste and adjust seasoning as necessary.
4. Serve immediately over French fries or store in a covered container in the fridge for up to 1 week. Reheat gently before serving.
Enjoy your delicious cheese sauce!
What Type Of Cheese Is Best For Fries?
When it comes to making a cheese sauce for fries, there are a few different types of cheese that you can use. Some of the most popular options include cheddar, Swiss, and mozzarella.
Cheddar cheese is a classic choice for fries, as it has a strong flavor that pairs well with the salty taste of french fries. If you want a milder cheese sauce, Swiss or mozzarella are good options.
Ultimately, the type of cheese that you choose is up to you. Just make sure that it melts smoothly so that your cheese sauce is nice and creamy.
Different Ways To Enjoy Cheese Sauce Fries
Cheese sauce fries can be enjoyed in a variety of ways. Here are a few of our favorites:
1. Classic cheese sauce fries: This is the most common way to enjoy cheese sauce fries, with a simple mix of shredded cheese and hot sauce.
2. Garlic cheese sauce fries: Add garlic powder and Parmesan cheese to your regular cheese sauce for an extra zing.
3. Cheesy bacon fries: Top your cheese sauce fries with crumbled bacon and more shredded cheese for a delicious salty-sweet combo.
4. Chili cheese fries: Add some chili con carne to your cheese sauce for a hearty dish that will stick to your ribs.
5. BBQ cheese fries: Drizzle your cheese sauce with BBQ sauce for a smoky flavor that everyone will love.
There are endless possibilities when it comes to enjoying cheese sauce fries. So go ahead and experiment until you find your favorite way to enjoy them!
The History Of Cheese Sauce Fries
Cheese fries are a classic dish that can be found in diners and fast food chains across the United States. The combination of crispy fries and gooey cheese sauce is hard to resist, and it’s no surprise that this dish has become so popular.
But where did cheese fries come from? And how did they become so popular?
The history of cheese sauce fries is surprisingly murky. There are no definitive answers as to who first created this dish or when it first came about. However, there are some theories as to how cheese fries came to be.
Some say that the first cheese fries were created by accident when a cook at a diner mistakenly poured the cheese sauce over a batch of fries. Others believe that cheese fries were originally created as a way to use up leftovers, with cooks adding melted cheese to old french fries or hash browns.
Whatever the case may be, it’s clear that cheese fries have become a popular favorite across the United States. In fact, many diners and fast food chains now serve their own variations of this dish, often with added toppings like bacon or ranch dressing.
Making cheese sauce for fries is a great way to add some extra flavor and nutrients to your meal. It’s also really easy to do, so you can whip up a batch in no time. In this article, we’ll show you how to make a delicious cheese sauce that will perfectly complement your fries.
You may also like the following: