Pistachios are considered one of the earliest nuts which had been extensively and popularly used worldwide. They are native to Asia, particularly in Iraq and Iran. Archaeological proof suggests the connection of pistachios to man as early as six thousand BC.
Pistachios were grown in Iraq, Iran, and Syria and were carried to the Romans around one hundred AD. Today, aside from Iraq, Iran, and Syria, these nuts are being manufactured and grown in many nations like Australia, the United States, China, and Turkey, amongst others.
Pistachios can be located today in various forms, such as unshelled, shelled, salted, sweetened, or you can find the Powdered Pistachio as well. The shell on these nuts can shield them from the physical damage and also other infections.
On the other hand, sweetened and salted pistachios may not be a great solution because of their higher sodium and also the sugar content. An effective method is to buy unshelled nuts since they’re in their natural form.
The powdered form of pistachios can be used for garnishing the different dishes you make. Pistachios should be kept in the air-tight jars in cool and dry places, so they can last for numerous months without going bad.
Surprising Advantages Of Pistachios:
The health advantages of pistachio will comprise weight management, a healthy heart, hypertension mad safety against diabetes, and enhanced digestion. The minerals, vitamins, protein, and fats present in these nuts are all excellent for the health.
- Pistachios contain vitamin B6
- Pistachios are a rich protein source
- Promotes heart health
- Weight management
- Reduced risk of AMD (Age-Related Macular Disease)
- Pistachio can improve digestion and nourish the skin
- Boosts eye health
- Reduce skin dryness
- Aphrodisiac properties
- Dietary fiber
- Stocked with monounsaturated fats
- Pistachio provides arginine
- Defense against diabetes
- Antioxidant properties
- Absorption of iron
- Strengthens the immune system
- Good for colon health
- Controls hunger
- Increase energy
- Protect against cancer
- Anti-aging properties
- Improve the nervous system
- Assists in the production of hemoglobin
Tips For Choosing & Storage Of Pistachios:
Some helpful tips and guidelines might assist you in selecting the fresh and crispy pistachios and lengthen the shelf life significantly. Ways for choosing and storage of these nuts are listed below:
- Pistachios are one such selection of nuts that are accessible throughout the year.
- You can choose between unshelled, shelled, roasted, salted, Powdered Pistachio, and also the sweetened varieties.
- It’s advisable to buy unshelled pistachios together with the outer coat since the whole nuts comprise the least processed ones.
- You can buy the nuts in air-tight packages or from bulk bins.
- If you are buying from the bulk bins, then glance at these nuts within the hand and check if they’ve a uniform texture and concise shape.
- Reject the nuts with spots or mold, or perhaps they have a rancid odor.
- You can keep the raw pistachios in a dry and cool place for several months in an air-tight jar.
- You have to keep the shelled nuts in a container and also in a fridge for avoiding them from turning rancid.